Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Here is the latrine or bathhouse.  The drawing is the outline of the walls.  The bottom was the entrance.  The square was where they put antifungal liqiud for them to walk through after bathing.  The circle was the drain. 
I should have taken pictures this fall. Once the weeds and grass die I always spend several days cleaning off all the weeds to get it back to just the concrete.  This is the square for antifungal liquid.  Grass is growing in the drain and all the cracks.



This is a shot of the latrine from the end.  The little building is on top of what used to be the garage where they worked on the model a's or t's. 



Here is a concrete block that sits infront of the mess hall.  I was told it was the loading dock.

Here is a picture from farther away.  It is about ten by four feet and about 2 feet tall.


Here is the mess hall entrance.  The rock wall was the edge to the door.

You can see how it was dug out in this picture.  It had steps going down into the building.  Standing on the ground the roof was about eye level.

This is a old grainy picture I have of the mess hall front door.  I wish I had more old pictures.


This is my drive going to my house.  I put it in because all we did was pave it.  The CCC guys made it for something.  It seems to start in the woods and end in the woods.  I tied into it and made part of it my drive.  They made it in the side of a steep hill.  They had to move boulders and had it nice and level.


The old road leads into the woods and goes to this old bridge.  I am assuming the guys made the road and built the brige over the creek. 

No comments: